Skip to main content

Oh, My Hero! Blog Hop


Rules: Post a picture of your hero with a character interview that has at least 5 questions. Then hop around to get to know all the participants' swoon-worthy heroes!

I wasn't sure which character I wanted to use. The hero of my first two manuscripts I know very well, but my third manuscript is the one I'll likely debut with sooo, even though I don't know that hero as well, I decided to interview both. 

Please bear with the almost-but-not-quite photographs. I got as close as I could, but you'll have to use your imagination a little. 

My first hero (second to create, but first to interview) and the be-still-my-heart love interest in my current WIP, Come Back, is Seth Emerson. He's younger than this model, but just as handsome. His typical attire is light brown trousers, a cotton work shirt, boots, hat, and—in winter months—a worn, leather duster stretched across his broad shoulders. His horse's name is Cyrus, and his heroine's name is Rebecca.

New Mexico Territory, mid-1800s...

Do you believe in love at first sight?
"I'd have to say no. I think love is something that comes with knowin' a person." 

What do you value the most in a potential love interest?
*adjusts hat* "I think kindness and virtue top the list."

What about looks? Don't you want someone beautiful?
"Well, sure. What man doesn't? You asked what I valued most. A good woman is what I value most. If she's easy on the eye, that's an added blessing."

Have you met anyone who measures up? 
"Yes. Becca's everything I've ever wanted, and more. Problem is, I don't think she wants me." *sighs* "And that's probably for the best."

How would your friends describe you in one word?
"Well...Most of them would say I'm quiet. A loner." *grins and blushes* "Better not ask them when they're roostered up, though. No tellin' what they might say." 

If you won a million dollars what would you do with it?
"That's easy. I'd buy a nice spreadgood landand a few hundred head of cattle. I've always dreamed of having my own ranch."

Are you a morning or a night person and why?
"Morning. I like the quiet. Watching the sun come up and light the mountains. Mm. It's hard to describe." *gets quiet for a moment* "It almost makes me think I could go back home. Almost."

If you had 24 hours to live what would you do/ where would you go?
*solemn, unblinking gaze* "I'd go apologize to Rachel."

###

My second herothe heartthrob of An Honorable Man and To Have And To Holdis Dr. Miles Barrett. He looks quite a bit like the gentleman here, but is clean-shaven and has green eyes. He's also better-dressed. (He has his own private tailor.) I'll turn it over to Miles...

What is the first thing you notice about a woman that you find attractive?
"Her physical traits catch my eye. Her figure. Her hair. Her eyes. I am a man, after all. But it's her demeanor that either loses or holds my attention."  

What's your idea of the perfect date?
"Hm. Dating is a fairly new concept for me, but I suppose a nice dinner out—good food and good wine—and engaging conversation with a lovely lady would top my list."

Do you believe in love at first sight?
"I didn't before I met Lauren."

How would your friends describe you in one word?
*chuckles* "That would depend on which friend you asked. Walter would probably say I'm dull."

If you won a million dollars what would you do with it?
"I already have a million dollars, and I can assure you: the truly important things in life cannot be bought." 

What do you value the most in a potential love interest?
"Honesty...modesty...and a capacity for forgiveness." 

If you had three wishes, what would they be?
"I'd need only one. A cure for my illness."
###

Thanks for taking the time to get to know my heroes. To visit the other blogs in the hop, click here and scroll down to the link list. 

*And blospot.com bloggers - consider turning off word verification (aka 'Captcha') to make it easier for your visitors to comment. Here's a great tutorial video that will lead you through the whole thing. (Besides grammar and editing, it's my current crusade. What can I say...)

Comments

  1. Pictures are bad. They distract me from the words.

    Fun interviews! You got me hooked with Dr. Miles Barrett. If Lauren can't cure his illness, maybe someone else can..... (;

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I'm hooked on him, too. ;) Thanks for visiting! :)

      Delete
  2. Hmmm. So Seth wants Becca, but he'd apologize to Rachel if he could. Makes me wonder why.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Becca's been left behind by a wagon train, but Seth has some issues of his own. :)

      Delete
  3. Emerson didn't even have to do an interview. His picture alone wins my vote. What a hottie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know what I'm going to say.

    ...Mmm, Mileage. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha. Me, too. Although with the recently-added word count to Come Back, I'm quickly falling in love with Seth. (Shhh. Don't tell Miles. :P)

      Delete
    2. I need to come up with a word for Seth before I read Come Back. Hmm...

      Delete
    3. Maybe you could do something with 'Emerson.' :)

      Delete
  5. Oh, boy, oh, boy ... two hunks ... can't decide which one I like the most. Can I have both? LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Sure - If I ever get them polished up and published. :P Thanks for stopping by. :)

      Delete
  6. I liked how they got their personalities across in such a short and sweet way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for that. I was wondering, after looking at some other entries, if I did it well enough. This is my first character interview. Thanks for visiting. :)

      Delete
  7. Now I want to know what Seth needs to apologize to Rachel for! Great interviews and great eye candy :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmmm... two hotties. I'd have to lean toward Miles. I like the dark hair :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh, two hotties for us to feast our eyes on! Seth sounds like more my taste, although Miles is pretty incredible, too.

    Thanks for participating!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fun! Thanks for taking the time to host the hop! :)

      Delete
  10. Awwww...Seth got me when he adjusted his hat, could totally picture him! And why oh why does he need to apologize?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Woooo! These are great guys. I giggled a little because the name of Seth's horse is the name of the villain in my WiP. Cyrus. :) I'm a morning person like Seth, I love the quiet beauty of the morning.

    And, it broke my heart to hear Miles as an illness.

    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I polled friends and family for horse names on Facebook and Cyrus won. :D Thanks for visiting, Andrea. :)

      Delete
  12. I love Seth and I really love Miles! He seems so sweet :) Thanks for joining the hop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a great time doing this. It was fun. :)

      Delete
  13. "I'd go apologize to Rachel." I wonder for what, I'm totally curious! And the second interview another cliff hanger. What illness!?! Great interviews and the pictures are pretty great too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello Melissa, beautiful space, passing to say hello, nice to read your text.
    if you like the poetry I invite you to my space, thank you.
    happy day.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your first guy! (Gotta' love a cowboy.) :) And his last answer totally caught my interest. I want to know what that's about!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup. There's something about boots and a hat. Mmm. ;)

      Delete
  16. Loved Seth! *sigh* and his horse--I have a son named Cyrus. Great choice for a name. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Turns out, Cyrus likes Becca better than Seth. :P

      Delete
  17. Wowsa!!!! I would love to read more about both of those men! And the cliffhangers at the end of there interviews, PERFECT!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you have to say.
Thanks for taking the time to comment. = )