Skip to main content

Follow Fest - Time Is Running out!

This is a friendly reminder that Follow Fest starts Monday.

You officially have until 11:59 PM CDT on Thursday, September 26th to sign up for the last Linky (Friday's); but the way the blogfest works, you'll get more exposure the earlier in the week you sign up.

Why?
Because I plan to list a new Linky each day, and also list the previous days' Linkies.

Like this...


You still haven't signed up?

Aw, c'mon. This is going to be fun!
There'll be lots of neat people to meet, and a giveaway, too.

Excuse #1  
I don't know how to pre-schedule a blog post.



It's easy. Here are instructions -complete with screenshots- for Blogger blogs.
And here's the guide that contains the template for the post.

Still can't figure it out? 

Solution #2: Launch your post first, then come sign up for one of the remaining open Linkies. So what if it's not the same day? Git-er-done!

Excuse #2
That Permalink thingy is a pain in the butt.

No problem.
Sign up with your home page address, and I'll change it for you. :)

Excuse #3
I'm really busy that week. I won't have much time to visit blogs.

That's not the ideal situation, of course, but I plan to leave the Linkies up long after Follow Fest ends. You can make up for lost time later. Your old and new friends will forgive you. ;)

Excuse #4
I'm too shy.  
What if people don't like me? 
What if they don't accept me? 
What if no one follows me back?

Pft. You obviously haven't experienced the writer-blogger community.
...Which is the reason you need to join Follow Fest!

Right, my blogging friends?

Now that you have no excuses, what's stopping you?
Sign up, already! :P


Being totally serious for a minute, I'd like to thank all of you who have posted and tweeted about Follow Fest. Again and again I visited blogs and saw my headshot, a link, or the Follow Fest button staring back at me--announcements totally unsolicited--which made the sight all the sweeter. People I don't even know have been re-tweeting my tweets!

I'm overwhelmed by the generous support.
Thank you doesn't even come close.

###

See you Monday! :)

Hurry! Time is running out to sign up for Follow Fest! http://goo.gl/U4NERW 
#platform #building #bloghop for #writers #FollowFest13


Comments

  1. Goodness...this month is slipping away and I'm still two months behind. I'll get right on that. Been working on some stories, which of course means that my blogging has suffered!

    M.L. Swift, Writer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not an excuse, but think I am good to go! And after this week, I just might need a break...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this month has flown by! I can't believe it's time for this fest already, I need to get my butt in gear and get my post ready. Thanks for the reminder. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tweeted your link and am now following your blog. Otherwise I'm still trying to catch up from summer. Good luck!

    Lee
    Wrote By Rote

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was going to participate in this ... before my life fell apart. lol If I signed up, I need to unsign up. So sad to miss this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well,k what will be required of me? DO I have to blog every day that week. Where are the regulations?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh there it is in the left column. Should have looked first huh?
    Marlene a Hibbard

    ReplyDelete
  8. 'Again and again I visited blogs and saw my headshot, a link, or the Follow Fest button staring back at me--announcements totally unsolicited--which made the sight all the sweeter. People I don't even know have been re-tweeting my tweets!'

    :) That's very cool, Melissa. I hope the fest goes smoothly and is fun for everyone involved!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you have to say.
Thanks for taking the time to comment. = )